I’ve had the honor of serving in the United States Army for 21 years, with the following units:
- A Co 1-22 INF (M) / Fort Hood, Texas [1997-1999]
- D Co 2-9 INF (M) / Camp Casey, South Korea [1999-2000]
- A Co 1-148th INF**/ Xenia, Ohio [2000-2003]
- 52nd CST (WMD) / Columbus,Ohio [2003-2007]
- 73rd Troop Command / Columbus, Ohio [2007-Present]
So, Memorial Day is very important to me and my fellow Service Members, given the meaning behind it.
This weekend, I will be thinking about SPC Shane Ahmed and our other fallen brothers and sisters during:
RIP – SPC Shane Ahmed
What I wear on my wrist while in uniform.
I had the honor of serving with him in A Co 1-148th INF, during our support for Operation Noble Eagle (2001-2002).
He is gone but will never be forgotten.
For more information about SPC Shane Ahmed: https://www.iraqwarheroes.org/ahmed.htm
I hope everyone has a fun and safe 3-day weekend. However, please take some time to reflect on the meaning behind this holiday.
Resource used for military operations: http://www.roswellmemorialday.com/history/timeline-of-americas-wars/